As an Accountant, you will apply accounting principles to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports through performing tasks which includes, but not limited to maintenance of record of assets, payroll, tax liability or other financial activities within an organization. Specifically, the Accountant will be in-charge of the following:
- Preparation of Financial Statements and supporting schedules according to month end timelines
- Preparation of monthly account reconciliations and schedules
- Assist with FS analysis and report variances
- Assist with financial and tax audits
- Preparation of tax returns
- Review of accounting entries for AP and AR vouchers
- Preparation of general journal entries, accruals, depreciations, amortizations, and prepayments
- Analyzation of revenues and expenses and ensure that they are recorded appropriately as per company accounting policies and procedures on a monthly basis
- Preparation of Cash Position Report and Funding Requirements
- Preparation of Petty Cash Replenishment
- Review and supervision of Accounting Assistants
- Collaborate with all levels of employees, management, and external parties
Key Competencies Required:
Understanding of Accounting Principles – Must be well-versed in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) to be able to set minimum level of consistency and law compliance in the Finance/Accounting Processes.
Computer and Accounting Software – Must be adept with general computer applications and have experience with Accounting Software such as MYOB. Must have strong background in MS Office applications (Word, Excel)
Basic Law – Must have reasonable knowledge of local laws such as BIR and taxation laws of the Philippines, Accounting Law, Banking Law, and Ethics, Electronic Acts of the Philippines, Labor Law, etc.
Mathematics – Knowledge of general math: arithmetic, algebra and statistics. Ability to use appropriate mathematical method for problem solving and financial reports preparation. Technical math knowledge to come up with computation and commissions. Must be excellent in performing detailed and complex numerical computations and reports
Communications Skills – Must be able to communicate well with internal and external clients as well as members of the internal departments to ensure understanding and smooth work flow.
Interpersonal Skills – Ability to get along well with team members, people in other departments and most especially with external parties and executives.
Attention to Detail – Must be thorough in accomplishing a task with concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small.
Problem Solving – Must have the skill to demonstrate ability to apply logical thinking in gathering and analyzing information, analyze the problem and synthesize the best solution.
Leadership – Not only pertains to leading a team, but also the ability to influence colleagues to perform well, even when assuming a non-managerial role.
Honesty / Integrity – Acting with ethics and honesty in all business practices, promoting mutual trust among workmates, regardless of presence of superior
Other Work Requirements:
- Certified Public Accountant
- A self-starter who is driven and proactive
- Able to work without supervision